Police Scotland aims to tackle some recent and specific incidents of irresponsible Parking Behaviour in your school area. We would like to give you the opportunity to identify current concerns and target our activity towards tackling the issues that affect you and your community.
Please do not park where it would endanger, inconvenience or obstruct other road users or pedestrians. Examples of dangerous or obstructive parking include the following, although there are others.
- Parking opposite or within 10 metres (32) of a junction except in an authorised parking space.
- On a pavement unless signs permit it.
- On a bend or near the brow of a hill.
- Where it would hold up traffic such as in narrow stretches or road or blocking driveways and entrances
- Where the kerb has been lowered or the road raised to help wheelchair users
If you park where it would cause an obstruction or danger to other road users your vehicle could be removed by the police and you may be prosecuted. Should you have any information regarding any behaviour associated to specific houses please call 101 to report the matter to police if it is ongoing.
It is understood that not all members of the community may wish to speak with Police directly, and if this were the case I would actively encourage you to contact CRIME STOPPERS on 0800555111 to report incidents anonymously. Alternatively should you wish to speak with a community officer about ongoing issues please email your local Community Police mailbox which can be found on the Police Scotland website or call into your local Police Station.