The Policy on school dress started in all schools within West Lothian in 1999. All schools produced their own dress code for the whole school, based on this Policy. West Lothian Council supports all its schools in introducing a dress code which all pupils are expected to keep to.
Advantages School Dress Codes
• Give pupils a pride in, and a sense of belonging to, their school;
• Encourage discipline among pupils;
• Discourage competition among pupils;
• Improve a school's reputation in the community;
• Improve security by making it easier to identify intruders;
• Reduce truanting by identifying school pupils as belonging to a particular school.
Balbardie PS School Uniform
Our uniform consists of: White shirt with burgundy & gold striped tie, or
Gold or white polo shirt
Burgundy jumper, cardigan or sweatshirt
Dark skirt, pinafore, trousers or shorts
Black shoes or trainers
All Primary 7 pupils are requested to wear a shirt and tie.
The school has a supply of school uniform with the school badge on them.
A blazer is not part of the set uniform.
PE - Dress Code
Parents are requested to provide a change of clothes for PE which should be kept at school in a separate gym bag. Gym bags will come home periodically for washing.
Suggested kit: a plain t-shirt, shorts/leggings/joggers, and trainers/gym shoes.
No football tops are permitted.
Outdoor PE kit should be a warmer variation of the above, eg hoodie/sweatshirt and also trainers.