House Captain Team
The House Captain team comprises of ten P7 pupils: Head Boy, Head Girl, House Captains x 4 and this year we have Vice Captains for each House.
P6 pupils are invited to submit a Personal Statement to the Head Teacher detailing why they should be considered for one of the above positions. Interviews are then held with the HT and current Head Boy and Head Girl.
The role of the House Captain team is to:
- represent the school at external functions
- be positive role models for pupils
- assist at school and church assemblies
- collate information from classes and update House notice boards with points and messages for pupils
- be involved in decisions affecting pupils in general
- bringing concerns of pupils to school management's attention.
This year we have a new Pupil Council. This is made up of one elected representative from each class. The Pupil Council members are able to bring any concerns from pupils to the attention of the House Captain team and to Mrs Johns at our regular Pupil Council meetings.
Road Safety Team
Our current Road Safety Team currently comprises of 2 P7 pupils (soon to be joined by 2 additional members).
Their remit includes making up Road Safety Packs for our new P1 pupils, raising awareness within the school of road safety and conducting road traffic surveys.
They take part in Park Smart, a 3 week project of awareness raising and enforcement designed to make parents think about the dangers of bringing the car to school.